Monday, December 27, 2010

"Oh I tried not to laugh!"

While visiting family over the holidays, Everlee was a little out of her nighttime routine and had to be subjected to sleeping in a pac n' play. She did very well with all the transition but she didn't always go to sleep has quickly as we liked. One night, Shane put her to bed around 9:00 and I became a little concerned when he never returned. I walked back to the back bedroom and tried to tip toe inside. I was hiding amongst the shadows, listening to Shane snore (mystery solved) when Everlee started saying, "Dadda sleeping aaaaagh, shewwww, aaaaaagh, shewwww." (Making snoring noises) I tried my best not to laugh and hope she would just go to sleep. She actually said this several times until I was rolling on the ground, clenching my stomach, tears running down my face, laughing so hard. My cover was blown. As soon as she heard me, she said in her high pitched voice, "Momma? Dadda sleeping aaaaaagh, shewwww." It still brings to tears to my eyes every time I think of that moment. It is always good to have a laugh as strong as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment