Monday, December 6, 2010

Building our Gingerbread House


We started our first Gingerbread house tradition this year in December. I constructed the house and for the most part I let Everlee decorate the entire thing. I did lend a helping hand here and there especially when the house walls started to fall down. I guess the directions are serious when they say wait 20 minutes before decorating. What can I say? I was anxious and wanted to get started. Everlee really enjoyed placing the gumballs, skittles, gum drops, and mini m&m's on her Gingerbread House. She didn't quite seem to understand that you shouldn't chew the candy before placing it on the roof, door, or wall of the house. To be honest, our house was covered in a little spit before the night was over. I was surprised at how much Everlee loved her house. She would pull up the dining room chair every morning and night just so she could kiss her house goodnight or good morning. Every goodnight kiss also included a stolen piece of candy from the roof, door, or wall of the house. We kept the house around until it was almost completely bare. When it was time to bid farewell, we all kissed the house goodbye before depositing it into the trashcan!

No comments:

Post a Comment