Friday, September 24, 2010

It was a nice thought.....

So I decided I wanted to do something nice for Everlee's teachers to show our appreciation because they are always so good with her and she just loves being at school. I decided we would make them cookies and it would give us the chance to do this together for the first time. I stopped by the local dollar store for a few Halloween items and decided to grab the cookie mix while I was there. Suddenly, I realized we didn't have enough eggs, they didn't have eggs at the Dollar Store (thank goodness) so I settled for the generic already frozen prepacked cookies. I was a bit nervous on how they would turn out but I was trying to something nice and work with what I had. Everlee and I headed home and she was thrilled with the idea of "Cookies". She loves anything cookie related. We preheated the oven, pulled out the cookie sheets, and she placed them on the sheet. At first she didn't quite understand the cookies needed to bake. She quickly shoved the first piece of dough into her mouth and aimed for the rest. It took some explaining but we finally got the cookies into the oven. Well, this was going to be a very productive Miller home afternoon so we started folding the laundry in the bedroom. In the end, the generic Dollar Store cookies ended up burning to a crisp. There was no way I was going to give this gist as an appreciation....but it was a nice thought! The next time I will just wait for the eggs and do it the old fashion way.

No comments:

Post a Comment