Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hot Pants and Belly Shirts

This week (May 25, 2010) Everlee decided for the first time to pick out her own clothes. We were getting ready for school and I was attempting to dress her in the perfectly coordinated ensemble which I picked out the night before. Adorable purple leggings, a matching purple top, with socks to match. I have always been one to match everything. I love being matchy, matchy. It caught me by surprise when Everlee started saying, "Off, Off" the minute I tried to put on her leggings. Did she have something against purple? Was this outfit not cute enough? After several minutes of battling over the perfectly matching purple leggings I gave in and let her pick out an outfit knowing it would perfectly match like all the other outfits I had put together in the past. Boy was I wrong. Her choice consisted of a pink and white denim shirt (too heavy for the 80' weather but who was I to argue), hot pink shorts ( the pinks did not match), lace white socks, and Elmo crocs. She was quite the vision and I loved everything she picked out. It may not have been matchy, matchy but at least her outfit didn't consist of Hot Pants and a Belly Shirt. Maybe in a few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment