Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday, Buddy!

One of the hardest things for me this year was watching Nash grow so quickly.  The days and nights just seemed to fly by.  Before I could even blink, he was talking, crawling, throwing the ball, cruising around the house, and chasing after his big sister.  I wish I could have just one day to turn back the clock and watch it all in slow motion.  It is true, the older you get the quicker time passes us by.  It has been a fabulous year with the most amazing little boy.  Nash has had quite the first year, packed with plenty of excitement thanks to his adoring sister, Everlee.  His eyes light up the minute she enters the room.  Wherever, Everlee goes, Nash is sure to follow.  At times, all she has to do is sing to him to help get his attention or help calm him down.  It is amazing to watch the love between a brother and sister.  They have this amazing connection that goes beyond words.
At one-year-old Nash is crawling, cruising, and talking up a storm.  His favorite words are Ma-Ma, Da-Da, ball, dog, bird, uh-oh, and duck.  Nash's favorite past time is to play catch.  When you hear his screech, "Ball" that is a sign to duck because there will be one flying by your head at any time.   Not only does he love to play ball, but Nash loves to dance.  No matter what is playing on the TV or the radio, Nash will break out in dance.  He starts to wave and flap his arms, clap his hands, and rock back and forth on his butt.  It is hysterical to watch him go from being perfectly still, to an all out dance party.  His favorite song is "I like to Party" which is on the movie, Rio.  Rio is pretty much the only show which will capture his attention.  Nash would rather be on the move than watching a program.  However, the minute you play his favorite song, no matter what he playing with, he will stop, crawl to the living room, and start to "groove".  I hope he always has this much rhythm for life as he gets older.  
Nash also has a favorite song which I sing to him before naps and bedtime.  "Go to sleep my, Angel" is a song my mom sang to me, I sing to Everlee, and now I sing to Nash.  Once I start singing, he will lay his head on my shoulder and start to prepare for bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment