Friday, June 29, 2012

UNCW Swim Lessons 2012



UNCW Swim Coaches Aaron and Sally

If someone had told me at the end of two weeks my daughter would be swimming I'm not sure I would believe them.  The UNCW Swim Lessons are truly something you need to see with your very own eyes.  I was rather hesitant when it came to the swim lessons because I heard it was a "take no prisoners" type of approach.  Rumor was, the instructors would just toss children into the water without hesitation.  It wasn't quite as bad as I thought.  Luckily, Everlee felt very comfortable in the water and adored her coaches, Aaron and Sally.  She did resist the lessons the second day only because the water was very chilly.  She toughed it out and made it known the "purple goggles" made all the difference.  Everlee loved "diving" off the platform, cup diving, and swimming without her "bubble".  My jaw dropped when she actually swam the entire length of the pool without a floating device.  I had no idea she would even be able to do this.  I quickly learned a lesson to never doubt the ability and drive of my determined little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment