Friday, May 11, 2012

Ready to be a Big Sister!!


We took Everlee to New Hanover Regional Medical Center to participate in the Kangaroo Kapers Sibling Class.  Everlee along with three other children had the opportunity to swaddle, feed, rock, and feed the babies. It was a great chance for Everlee to see what to expect when the baby comes home.  The most important part of the class was when they gave us all tours of the hospital.  I feel better knowing, Everlee, will know where we will be and what the room looks like when we leave to have the baby.  

I think this class has catapulted, Everlee into Big Sister mode.  Ever since the class, Everlee, sings to the baby morning and night.  She sings a self created song, "I love you, Baby!"  She also makes a point of telling me how much she loves the baby and loves me.  I do have to laugh because she always reminds me to take good care of the baby so the baby won't get a "boo boo" and start crying.  Everlee's also concerned with when the baby is coming...she seems to be very ready for her new baby brother or sister.  We explained the baby is going to arrive after Mimi comes to stay with us.  She definitely understands, "When Mimi comes, then the baby comes!"  She is just an anxious as we are to have our newest Miller join the family.  We can't wait to watch her master her role as a Big Sister.






No comments:

Post a Comment