Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Children Say the Funniest Things!

Lately, Everlee seems to have become quite the comedian. She is very rational and is able to rationalize just about every situation. At times, it surprises us and we have to laugh at her logic. It makes us wonder where she comes up with certain things. I have decided to keep a log of all her "rational" comments.

First Example: It was time to start getting ready for bed so I pointed to the clock and informed Everlee that the clock said it was time for bed. It read 8:00pm. Everlee responded with, "That's not what the clock says. The clock says, Everlee doesn't have to go to bed!"

Second Example: As parents, we try to teach our children the importance of sharing. I learned you must be careful with what you preach. We were all enjoying a little ice cream one night after dinner. Everlee finished her bowl rather quickly and decided to try and poke her spoon into my ice cream bowl. I explained she had finished her ice cream and the ice cream in the bowl belonged to me. Everlee looked at me with her most serious face and said, "Mommy, you really need to share." How do you argue with this? She pulled this move on her father as well. Everlee probably ate her weight in ice cream that evening.

Third Example: OVERLY TIRED? We had a long day of soccer, pool time, followed by a BBQ with the neighbors. Everlee could hardly keep her eyes open but she insisted I read her a story about Peter Pan. The only catch....I HAD to read the story but I WASN'T allowed to talk. She seemed content with me flipping through the pages and looking at the pictures. "Read the story, Mommy, but no talking!"

No comments:

Post a Comment