Friday, January 27, 2012

My Daddy Can Do it!!

One of Everlee's favorite books is by Eric Carle, Papa, Please Get The Moon For Me. She loves how the little girl wants to play with the moon and her daddy comes to the rescue and helps her pull the moon down from the sky. On the way home from school the other day, Everlee was still able to see the moon rather clearly. From the backseat, I could hear her say, "Mommy, look! There is the moon!" She proceeded to tell me all about the moon and how she wanted to play with it just like in the story. It brought tears to my eyes when Everlee said, "Mommy, you can't reach the moon, your too small." I asked her if she could reach the moon. "No, I'm too small. My Daddy can reach the moon 'cause he's BIG. My Daddy can get it for me!" I love how she views the world and feels so protected by her daddy. To her, he can do anything, fix anything, and even reach the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment